Here comes Fall! I absolutely love thinking about cooler weather foods. Even though it’s still 80 degree out today, the calendar says September so I’m officially ready to jump into all things Fall! This Taco Soup recipe one of my favorites. It is also a really easy meal to double and share. Just add a simple green salad and chocolate chip cookies (my girls favorites!) and you have a real crowd pleaser!
My favorites are sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled tortilla chips, fresh chopped tomatoes & green onions.
1. Drain & rinse beans in colander. You can put all the beans in the colander and rinse in one step. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Next add onions and sauté until translucent. Remove onions from pan and set aside. Next brown the ground turkey.
Add taco seasoning to ground turkey.
3. In a large stock pot, combine taco seasoned turkey, onions, salsa, crushed tomatoes, beans & corn. Add water to desired consistency.
4. Bring soup to boil, reduce heat & simmer for 30 mins.
5. Top with your choice of yummy toppings.
This is one of my go-to recipes when I take a family a meal. Once the food is made, I love having an easy way to share meals as well as store in my own fridge. For the longest time I would use mismatched tupperware and finally I upgraded to these!
This awesome glass set by Pyrex has made my life so much easier. Especially on nights when I double the recipe and feed my own crew too!
One more thought…I made this dinner for a good friend and she said her family poured the soup over tortilla chips, topped everything with cheese and made nachos! Yum!
Adapted from a recipe by Penzey’s